Friday, December 5, 2008

Life moves on...

I haven't written for a while because I didn't want to write complaints about how I am feeling. However, since that is what is going on right now I might as well blog about it. I will warn you ahead of time that I will be writing about not so pleasant things. At about 11 or 12 weeks I started throwing up - first every other morning, then every morning, and then all day long. I am currently still in the "throwing up all day long" phase and I am getting a bit sick of it. I have to say that I know that it will all be worth it in the end, but it just kind of stinks. I also am having a hard time sleeping but I hope I found a solution! Tonight I ordered a pregnancy pillow and I am hoping that it will give me some relief! We will see!

This weekend I am planning on finding some more energy somewhere and decorating for Christmas. We will see how that goes... My wonderful mom bought me some "preggie" pops to suck on to alleviate my nausea. The wonderful thing is that when I am sucking on them they work! However, when they are gone the nausea comes back. Oh well! I love her for thinking about me and trying to help when she can. She is the best mom in the world!! Also my husband is taking me on date tom. night and I am very excited! We haven't gone on a date in a while due to his job. Being a tow truck operator/manager keeps him very busy and many, many nights and weekends he is on call. So needless to say I treasure special events like dates in Eau Claire. So that is the update for now. I am excited to feel the baby move! Hopefully that will happen soon! Right now I just feel large, but I think once I feel the baby move I will feel pregnant. So that is what is to come. My next dr. appointment is on the 18th and I will get to hear the baby's heartbeat again!! I am very excited!

2 comments:

Bryan and Ashley said...

Hey Jenna,
I'm so sorry you are sick. It is seriously so difficult. I was that way for over five months and it is so draining! I thought I'd tell you what helped me...hopefully one can help you.

1. I got chewable pre-natals. They are way easier on your stomach.

2. I always brought mints and would suck on them whenever I had to be sitting--so althrough work--or walking. Those things always made it worse for me.

3. I'm sure you figured this one out, but never let yourself get hungry.

4. Also, whenever I let myself get too tired the nausea got waaaaaay worse. So I always went to bed ridiculously early.

And the pillow you ordered is AWESOME.

I hope you getting feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, thats too bad Jenna. Hopefully you will feel better soon, and for everyone its so different. Keep going strong!!
your going to be such a cute preganant mommy!!